Five Guys Ribbon Cutting – Friday, December 14 at 10:30 AM
Friday, February 1, 2019 at 7 PM
The Potsdam Chamber of Commerce will host the annual Chamber Hockey Night during the men’s hockey game at Clarkson University vs. Quinnipiac University on Friday, February 1, 2019 at 7 PM at the Cheel Arena.
Attendees will be seated in the designated Potsdam Chamber section with extra opportunities to win prizes. Clarkson University donates a portion of the ticket sales to the Potsdam Chamber to support community events such as Summerfest.
This ticket form is now closed! See you on Friday!
Starts December 4 on Social Media Only!
For three weeks in December (four business days per week starting Dec 4), we will run 12 Days of Holiday Giveaways, daily giveaways across all our social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – to promote products or services that our chamber member businesses provide. We will then choose the winner and have the winner come to your location (or us if it’s easier for you) to pick up the prize!
*SCROLL DOWN TO GET A SNEAK PEEK OF THE GIVEAWAYS*
First giveaway will be announced at 12:00 AM on Tuesday, December 4 and will run until 11:59 PM on the same day. The winner will be chosen on Wednesday, December 5 in the morning. Friday giveaways will be posted at 12:00 AM on Friday and run until 11:59 PM on Sunday with the winner chosen on Monday morning. We will not be sharing the order, so make sure you check us out each day for your chance to win! Some days there will be two different giveaways, and some giveaways have two chances to win.
- Day # 1 – Tuesday, December 4 (winner chosen 12/5 AM)
- Day # 2 – Wednesday, December 5 (winner chosen 12/6 AM)
- Day # 3 – Thursday, December 6 (winner chosen 12/7 AM)
- Day # 4 – Friday, December 7 (giveaway will run until Sunday at 11:59 PM – winner chosen 12/10 AM)
- Day # 5 – Tuesday, December 11 (winner chosen 12/12 AM)
- Day # 6 – Wednesday, December 12 (winner chosen 12/13 AM)
- Day # 7 – Thursday, December 13 (winner chosen 12/14 AM)
- Day # 8 – Tuesday, December 14 (giveaway will run until Sunday at 11:59 PM – winner chosen 12/17 AM)
- Day # 9 – Tuesday, December 18 (winner chosen 12/19 AM)
- Day # 10 – Wednesday, December 19 (winner chosen 12/20 AM)
- Day # 11 – Thursday, December 20 (winner chosen 12/21 AM)
- Day # 12 – Friday, December 21 (giveaway will run until Sunday at 11:59 PM – winner chosen 12/24 AM)
Here’s a sneak peek at the giveaways (remember, we’re not telling you which days they’ll be published, and we promise this isn’t the order, so make sure you follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to enter!)
- Adirondack Walking Stick (value $10) from Harris Medical Supplies & Equipment
- Two (2) $5 gift certificates (value $10 ) from Chilly Delight – Yum Yum’s
- Tee shirt (value $12) from North Country Children’s Museum
- Gift Basket (value $25) from Treasures Cove
- Gift Certificate (value $25) from Brick & Mortar Music
- Gift Certificate (value $25) from Arby’s Restaurant
- 2 ‘Cottonwood’ Bears (value $28) from ‘EmBears
- 2 Gift Baskets (two chances to win) (value $30) from LIFE: Literacy is for Everyone at PPL
- 2 Gift Certificates (two chances to win) (value $40) from Big Spoon Kitchen
- 4 tickets to Christmas Cantata performance on 12/15 at 7 PM (value $40) from North Country Community Chorus
- Wine tasting for Four (4) plus souvenir glasses (value $40) from High Peaks Winery
- 30 minute Massage (value $40) from Clara Fargo, LMT
- BBQ Fun Kit (value $42) from Summerhaven Pool, Health & Spa
- 2 tickets to the Celebrate the Holidays concert on 12/14 in Potsdam at 7:30 PM (value $50) from Orchestra of Northern New York
- 5-class Card (value $65) from Trillium Yoga Center
- Set of the 40+ FaceFix™ Day Lotion & Night Cream (value $70) from Paula Youmell, RN, Wise Woman Nurse
- Gift card for 4 games (value $99) from Tactics
- (2) $50 My Money Cards, one to give and one to keep (value $100) from Stewart’s Shops
- Grand Breakfast Basket (value $110 ) from Maple Run Emporium
- Dewalt Drill & Driver tool kit (value $149) from Bicknell Building Supply
Saturday, November 24, 2018
Small Business Saturday is the annual holiday shopping tradition that gets communities everywhere out in support of their favorite small businesses. Because when they thrive, we all thrive. This year the Potsdam Chamber of Commerce will let you know all the wonderful things our member businesses are doing on this great holiday shopping day!
Check out all the great things happening in Potsdam this Saturday:
SLC Arts Art Market, 10 AM – 4 PM
SLC Arts Gallery at Potsdam Town Hall, 18 Elm St, Potsdam
Ten local artists display original artwork and fine handcrafts for sale, including jewelry, pottery, and fiber art. SLC Arts promotes collaboration within the arts community, and encourages public and private support of and involvement in the arts, throughout St. Lawrence County and the surrounding region.
Treasures Cove Promotions, 8 AM – 8 PM
22 Market St, Potsdam
~ First 10 customers receive$5 TC Bucks to spend in store
~Pick a gift box to receive your disc off your entire purchase
~Receive $5 TC Bucks for every$20 sale to redeem after December 1
*Treasures Cove is Potsdam Chamber Business Leader, and we thank them for their support!*
Hannawa Falls, call for appointment 315-212-3066
Pop in to pick up any product at 15% discount: think gifts and gifts for yourself!
Trillium Yoga Center Community Yoga, 9 – 10 AM
42 1/2 Elm St, Potsdam
Community Yoga on Saturday mornings offers students an opportunity to enjoy yoga with a variety of Trillium teachers. No materials or experience needed. Suggested drop-in rate $5-10.
Tactics Live Adventure & Escape Games, 12pm – 10pm
5 Market St, Potsdam
Play on Small Business Saturday and use code SATURDAY to receive 15% off your game!
Potsdam Food Co-op, 8 AM – 7 PM
24 Elm St, Potsdam
Stop in and show your support for your local Food Co-op. Receive a 10% discount on Holiday Gift Items all day long!
4F Running, 11 AM – 7 PM
75 Market St, Potsdam
Black Friday Deals all weekend! All shoes 10% off and AfterShokz Trekz Air only $119.95.
Grace Boutique Sales, 11 AM – 6 PM
78 Market St, Potsdam
Gift certificate raffle (one entry with purchase)
20% off all Twila Basley items
10% off clothing (excludes baby/children’s items)
Thriftique, 9 AM – 5 PM
145 Market St, Potsdam (Seacomm Plaza)
Sale! 20% off everything!
Brick & Mortar Music Discounts, 10 AM – 2 PM
15 Market St, Potsdam
Huge Holiday Discounts including 20% off Guitars, Basses and Ukeleles!
Today’s Hair & Day Spa, 9 AM – 3 PM
36 Market St, Potsdam
1) 35% off Product gift sets
2) spa gift packages available for purchase
3) Free paraffin treatment with purchase of half hour massage and express pedicure
4) Free eyebrow arch when you book a dimensional color
5) Free peppermint foot scrub with purchase of one hour massage
Inquire in-store for more holiday season specials!
Congratulations to this week’s Business Leader Maple Run Emporium! Founder and owner Mary Hilton had a maple farm years ago and people would come from all around to tap her trees and acquire sap. She had always loved the smell and taste of the syrup and knew that it could be used in other, more extravagant ways. In her shop, you will find massive amounts of items into which maple has been incorporated. Hilton claims that this brings out the best in the product. For example, in barbecue sauce the taste is unbeatable. It brings out notes that one would not normally taste in regular barbecue sauce. Hilton says that maple also stimulates creativity in artists and cooks. To those who have never tasted genuine maple product before, she suggests you try a single maple candy because it is the purest form of maple
Hilton looks forward to SummerFest the most each year because she can highlight the amazing local art produced each year. Being as passionate about art as she is has led her shop to be one of the most aesthetically pleasing on Market St. The art and cookware in the store is well worth the price. These are items that will last years, generations through generations. It is an investment that you won’t forget!
The best part about the art she sells is that is it all local. Buying a piece from her shop helps support local artists. Also, many of the items are handmade, such as the maple stained glass leaves made by Tina Link from Gouverneur. These will make your Christmas tree, and their beauty is unmatched.
North Country made products are distinct and at Maple Run Emporium you can find some of the best items our region has to offer. Visit this cozy shop on Market St and meet Ms. Hilton!! It will be an experience you can’t forget ??
Town of Potsdam Comprehensive Planning Session – click for more details
Attend an input session at the Town Hall, 18 Elm St
Wednesday, October 24th, 9 – 10 AM
Wednesday, October 24th, 7 – 8 PM, or
Thursday October 25th 3 – 4 PM