People come to the town of Potsdam for many reasons, visiting someone in college, stopping in to see family/ friends for the holidays, or just enjoy our town! We have something for you.
Looking for something active? We offer many activities to satisfy any outdoor enthusiast
- Munter Trail – A two-mile trail walk along the Raquette River. Park to the left of the Stewart’s Shop on Maple St. and follow the path. Overlooks along the river.
- Pine Street Arena & Sandstoner Park – on Pine Street:
- public skating – October to March – skate rentals available M-F 1:45 to 2:45; Sunday 12:30-2:00
- Beach open mid-June to late August – picnic tables and lots of sand
- Playgrounds – Ives Park & Lawrence Ave Elementary, Sandstoner Park on Pine St.
- Trillium Center for Yoga and Health – 32½ Elm St. Offering yoga and much more (they have the mats and all you need). Check the online schedule com
- Body Shop Fitness and Salon – 47 St Hwy 345. Fitness machines, salon, classes, and more. Check online for complete information -.bodyshopfitnessandsalon.com
- STLCTrailscom– Outdoor opportunities, trails and natural attractions abound in St. Lawrence Country. Those looking for ways to be outside and active can access hundreds of miles of trails and waterways any time of the year.
- Tactics – 5 Market St. At Tactics, your quick thinking and problem solving skills will be put to the test. You must find clues, solve puzzles, and work as a team to complete you objective. Don’t be fooled by trivial information, as time waits for no man. the clock starts as soon as you enter the room.
Taking some downtime? Want to experience the art scene at Potsdam where you can find some great contemporary and classical pieces? Try visiting
- Ronald Gibson Gallery on the SUNY Potsdam campus – Tu-Th 1-7; F-S 1-5
- SLC Arts Gallery at the Town Hall – 18 Elm St. – changing exhibits. Come anytime the Town Hall is open (9-4 daily)
- Potsdam Public Library – 2 Park St. – sit and read; daily papers available; magazines; computers for public use; M-Th 9-8; F-Sa9-5; Su 12-5
- Potsdam Public Museum – 2 Park St. – Tu-Sat 10-4
After a long day of walking trails and viewing galleries it’s time to relax, and what better way to do that then with some hot (or iced) coffee and a nice place to sit and enjoy Potsdam’s beautiful scenery.
- Jernabi Coffeehouse – 11 Maple St. Locally roasted coffee. M-Su 7-5:30
- Park Bros Coffee – -½ Main Street. Locally roasted coffee. M-Su 6AM-9PM
- Potsdam Food Co-op –24 Elm St. Open 8-7 everyday. Grab a Fair Trade coffee and something from the deli. Sit on the porch or at the counter by the window. A cozy place to shop.
- Ives Park – Right at the end of Market St. A walkway, gazebo, canoe launch, and open space.
- Fall Island Park –Maple St. On the island between the dams. Benches and a place to view the river.
- Garner Park – Raymond St. An upstream view of the river. Picnic tables.