Potsdam is a great place for outdoor enthusiasts. There are opportunities for hiking, biking, cross country skiing, and fishing. There is an 18 hole golf course and minigolf, as well as places to walk or sit and relax.
The Munter Trail: a two mile trail walk along the Raquette River featuring overlooks and a connector trail to continue your walk in the lovely Bayside Cemetery. Park to the left of the Stewart’s Shop on Maple St. and follow the path.
Potsdam Community Dog Park – on Pine Street near the animal shelter
- public skating – October to March – skate rentals available
- snowshoe rentals
- beach open mid-June to late August – picnic tables, kayak rentals, lots of sand
- Lawrence Avenue Elementary School
- Sandstoner Park on Pine St.
- Kay’s Play Space in Ives Park
Places to Sit Outside
- Ives Park – Right at the end of Market St. Features a walkway, gazebo, handicap-accessible canoe launch, benches overlooking the river, and a natural play space for children.
- Fall Island Park – Maple St. on the island between the dams. Benches, barbeque grills: and a great place to view the river.
- Garner Park – Raymond St. An upstream view of the river. Picnic tables.